Hellgate High School and Parenting Place
Thank you for exploring opportunities to get involved with Hellgate High School and the Parenting Place!
We ask that all our Community Ministry volunteers complete the Safeguarding God’s Children online education and a background check with the Diocese. Please contact Jill Sallin at to ready yourself to serve!
At Hellgate in 2017-18, 72 students were identified as homeless (McKinney Vento Act). 30-35% of Hellgate students qualify for free and reduced meals. A growing number of refugee students are a part of the Hellgate school community.
To assist with the needs of the Hellgate FRC the Warm Spirit Project girls are hosting a toiletry drive during the season of Advent (all the Sundays in December). There will be collection stations in the back of the church, in the parish hall and in the church office. Please donate regular-size toiletries like: shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, hairbrushes, combs, Chapstick, feminine hygiene products, razors, fingernail clippers.
Opportunities with Hellgate High School and their Family Resource Center (FRC):
- Be one of the weekly shoppers for toiletry needs and snacks for the FRC
- Be one of the monthly FRC aides to help Tracy with FRC needs
- Participate in M.A.D. Mondays (Make A Difference Mondays) to supplement Hellgate’s food pantry for students in need. Drop off a non-perishable, student-friendly item on Mondays at the front office.
- Volunteer with Missoula Writing Collaborative to help with writing in the classroom
- Be a tutor or program participant in Hellgate’s Flagship program – contact Emily Sandersfeld at 728-2400 ext. 6071 or
- Contribute to the church to support the laundry ministry at Sparkle and/or the haircut ministry
- Donate gas cards for FRC distribution to students in need
- Supply snacks for special Hellgate student testing days in the Parish Hall
- Contact A’Lisa Scott at with your questions and ideas
November 11, 2018 will be Hellgate Sunday at Holy Spirit
Opportunities with The Parenting Place, 1644 S 8th St W:
- Be one of the weekly transporters of Bed, Bath & Beyond donations that benefit PP families – a pickup or larger vehicle is needed for this ministry.
- Be one of the monthly Respite Care toy cleaners
- Volunteer for a quarterly PP work party – the next is Friday, October 19, 9AM-noon
- Gather your friends and volunteer for one of the monthly PP/Annex general cleaning days
- Be a grocery shopper for Respite Care meals
- Sign up for a 15-week Parenting Class – email Teresa for the class schedule
- Sponsor a program participant in Respite Care or a Parenting Class, or with their Parent Aide
- Donate to and shop at Donation Warehouse, where a portion of every sale benefits PP programs
- Volunteer for the April Awareness team to help promote great childhoods
- Contact me with your questions and ideas
April 7, 2019 will be Hellgate Sunday at Holy Spirit
Thank you for sharing of yourself in these ministries!