Hellgate High School and Parenting Place
Thank you for your interest in exploring service and learning opportunities with our neighbors at Hellgate High School and Parenting Place!
We ask that all our Community Ministry volunteers complete the Safeguarding God’s Children online education and a background check with the Diocese. Please contact Jill Sallin at to ready yourself to serve.
At Hellgate High School, we work in support of the more than 50 students who identify as homeless (McKinney Vento Act). A growing number of our neighbor students are living with people other than their parents or guardians, and greater numbers of large families are living in crowded accommodations. More than one in four students are at an economic disadvantage. 30-35% of Hellgate students qualify for free and reduced meals. A growing number of refugee students are working to be a part of the Hellgate school community.
Opportunities to be involved with Hellgate High School and their Family Resource Center (FRC) throughout the year:
- Be one of the bi-monthly shoppers for toiletry needs and snacks for the FRC
- Be one of the monthly FRC aides to help Tracy with FRC needs
- Be a tutor or program participant in Hellgate's Flagship program - contact Arza Hammond at 728-2400 ext. 6071 or
- Contribute to the church to support the laundry ministry at Sparkle and/or the haircut ministry
- Supply snacks for special Hellgate student testing days in the Parish Hall
Please contact HSP ministry coordinator, A’Lisa Scott, with your questions and ideas by calling the church office at 542-2167
At Parenting Place, kids are families are strengthened through parenting classes and 1:1 parent support.
Opportunities to be involved with Parenting Place, 1644 S 8th St W:
- Sign up to be one of six volunteers at one or both of our safely-spaced work parties - August 19 from 4-7 pm and August 23 from 1:30-4:30 pm. We will be painting inside, repairing a gate, doing minor lawn work, etc. Reserve your spot with Dorcie at 239-7655.
- Sign up for a Parenting Class - email Ivy Anderson at for a schedule of the classes offered
- Donate to and shop at Donation Warehouse, where a portion of every sale benefits PP programs
- Volunteer for the April Awareness team to help promote strong families and healthy childhoods
Contact me with your questions and ideas by email or through the church office
Thank you for joining in our community ministries team!