Planned Giving is a way to leave a legacy and support the mission and ministry of Holy Spirit Episcopal Church beyond your lifetime. There are many ways to remember Holy Spirit Episcopal Church in your estate planning which include the following:
- Name Holy Spirit Episcopal Church as the beneficiary of a bequest
- Create a planned gift (for example: a gift annuity or charitable trust) that can provide lifetime income and ultimately becomes a gift to Holy Spirit Episcopal Church
- Contribute real estate, securities or other personal property
- Make Holy Spirit Episcopal Church the owner or beneficiary of a fully paid life insurance policy.
A Tax-Saving Way to Give to Holy Spirit Episcopal Church
If you are 70½ years or older, you have Minimum Required Distributions that you must meet each year. Because of this, you can now take advantage of a simple way to benefit Holy Spirit Episcopal Church and receive tax benefits in return. You can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to Holy Spirit Episcopal Church without having to pay income taxes on the money. Distributed amounts may be excluded from the IRA owner’s income – resulting in lower taxable income for you!
Why consider this gift?
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- If you have not yet taken your required minimum distribution for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
Long Term Planning
If you have made or are planning to make a gift to Holy Spirit Episcopal Church, please tell us about it or let us help you make your decisions.
Long Term Planning Form