Hellgate High School Community Ministry
Thank you for your interest in exploring service and learning opportunities with our neighbors at Hellgate High School.
We ask that all our Community Ministry volunteers complete the Safeguarding God’s Children online education and a background check with the Diocese. Please contact Jill Sallin at to ready yourself to serve.
Hellgate Community Ministry
At Hellgate High School, we work in support of the more than 60 students who identify as homeless (McKinney Vento Act). A growing number of our neighbor students are living with people other than their parents or guardians, and greater numbers of large families are living in crowded accommodations. More than one in four students are at an economic disadvantage. 30-35% of Hellgate students qualify for free and reduced meals. Students in some of our community's refugee families are also working to be a part of the Hellgate school community.
Opportunities to be involved with Hellgate High School and their Family Resource Center (FRC) throughout the year:
- Be one of the bi-monthly shoppers for toiletry needs and snacks for the FRC
- Be one of the monthly FRC aides to help with FRC needs
- Be a tutor or program participant in Hellgate's Flagship program - contact the Hellgate Flagship Coordinator at 728-2400 ext. 6071 or
- Contribute to the church to support the laundry ministry at Sparkle, the haircut ministry at Shear Prophesy and Compass, gas cards for students, and/or Traffic Education scholarship support
- Supply snacks for special Hellgate student testing days in the Parish Hall
Please contact HSP ministry coordinator, A’Lisa Scott, with your questions and ideas by calling the church office at 542-2167. Thank you!
Thank you for helping to love our neighbors in such tangible ways!