Parenting Place Community Ministry
Thank you for your interest in exploring service and learning opportunities with our neighbors at Parenting Place!
We ask that all our Community Ministry volunteers complete the Safeguarding God’s Children online education and a background check with the Diocese. Please contact Jill Sallin at to ready yourself to serve.
Parenting Place Ministry
Since 1981, Parenting Place has helped us to better understand how our childhood experiences shape us for a lifetime, and how lives can be changed through knowledge, new experiences, and a supportive community. At Parenting Place, kids and families are strengthened through parenting classes, collaborative services, and 1:1 parent support.
Join us for Parenting Place Sunday, September 19, for Stories and Resources to Strengthen Families
As Parenting Place begins their 41st year, you will witness them building on the proven programs that offer life-changing education and support for children and families across western Montana and the state. Please join us for Parenting Place Sunday on September 19 to learn more about the futures being changed through their Nurturing Parenting Program, PASTA (Parenting a Second Time Around), Trauma 101 and Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) training, and Incarceration support, as well as their leadership in Prevent Child Abuse Montana. Parenting Place Executive Director, Marilyn Thorn, will be with us for both services and coffee hour. With Marilyn, we will also celebrate their treasured partnerships with Donation Warehouse, the Missoula Exchange Club, and Holy Spirit. And if you are looking for ways to become more of a part of the life of Parenting Place, there will be good opportunities for you to consider. Come learn and move with us on September 19th!
For a stronger Parenting Place in the years to come, please consider signing on for a volunteer opportunity that speaks to your gifts:
- Sign up to volunteer for our next on-site work party by contacting me through email or the church office phone (see below)
- Sign up for a Parenting Class - visit www.parentingplace.net for class schedules and online registration
- Register for an Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) or Trauma 101 class at www.parentingplace.net
- Join Missoula Exchange Club or Missoula After Hours Exchange Club to be a part of collective efforts to prevent child abuse and neglect - contact me for Club information
- Donate less-needed furniture and large appliances to Donation Warehouse (donationwarehouse.net, 406-240-4042), a PP business partner whose resales generate more than $10,000 every month for PP programs.
- Connect with PP and Donation Warehouse’s Facebook / Instagram pages for learning and support opportunities.
As a PP program participant, Board member, and your Holy Spirit PP Community Ministry coordinator, I have witnessed firsthand the value of PP’s work. To be a part of these winds of support for our families and children, contact me, and we will help you to move with us!