Parenting Place Community Ministry
Thank you for your interest in exploring service and learning opportunities with our neighbors at Parenting Place!
We ask that all our Community Ministry volunteers complete the Safeguarding God’s Children online education and a background check with the Diocese. Please contact Jill Sallin at to ready yourself to serve.
Parenting Place Ministry
Since 1981, Parenting Place has helped us to better understand how our childhood experiences shape us for a lifetime, and how lives can be changed through knowledge, new experiences, and a supportive community. At Parenting Place, kids and families are strengthened through parenting classes, collaborative services, and 1:1 parent support. Please visit their website at www.parentingplace.net to learn about their work with the Nurturing Parenting Program, PASTA (Parenting a Second Time Around), Trauma 101 and Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) training, and Incarceration support, as well as their leadershipas an Exchange Club CAP (Child Abuse Prevention) Center. With Parenting Place, we also celebrate their treasured partnerships with Donation Warehouse, the Missoula Exchange Club, and Holy Spirit.
For ongoing learning and support opportunities, consider:
- Signing up for a Parenting Class - visit www.parentingplace.net for class schedules and online registration
- Registering for an Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) or Trauma 101 class at www.parentingplace.net
- Making a gift to support Parenting Place programs through Holy Spirit or on the Parenting Place website at www.parentingplace.net
- Making a gift to help establish Parenting Place's new permanent endowment fund at the Montana Community Foundation (mtcf.org) - see me for more information
- Joining Missoula Exchange Club to be a part of collective efforts to prevent child abuse and neglect - contact me for Club information
- Donating less-needed furniture and large appliances to Donation Warehouse (donationwarehouse.net, 406-240-4042), a PP business partner whose resales generate more than $10,000 every month for PP programs.
- Connecting with PP and Donation Warehouse’s Facebook / Instagram pages for learning and support opportunities.
My experiences as a PP program participant, Board member, and your Holy Spirit PP Community Ministry coordinator continue to help me bear witness to the value of PP’s work. Join us, won't you?